JOHNSON COUNTY – The family of a Center Grove sophomore who died after using a new synthetic drug will share information about the drug with other parents in a public forum next week.
Samuel Motsay, 16, died in May after using N-Bome. At the time, Johnson County authorities admitted they didn’t know much about the drug. Motsay’s mother also had never heard of it.
“The day that I found out was the worst day of my life,” said Jeanine Motsay. “It’s devastating. It’s absolutely devastating.”
Now she has learned a lot about N-Bome and other synthetic drugs and wants to educate parents with information she wishes she would’ve had before her son’s death.
The Motsay family will join the Johnson County Sheriff’s Department in hosting a public forum on N-Bome on Tuesday August 5th at 6 p.m. at Greenwood Christian Church on 2045 Averitt Road.
“Learning that your child was poisoned is devastating. It was fatal. And I don’t think kids know that and kids need to know that. Parents need to know that. And I just want to equip them with that information.”
She said speaking out to try to save the lives of other teens is helping her family in their grieving and she hopes parents will take her warning seriously.
“It’s important to come, because what you may not know may be conversations that your child is having with peers and ultimately with dealers that are targeting them,” said Motsay. “I think you want to be informed so that you can have the right thoughtful conversation with your child, because there will be conversations without you and I’d like to include them in what that conversation is.”